The purpose of this website is to present a summary of my scientific work in the field of plastic deformation of metals and alloys. I am also interested in getting in contact with other scientists in this area. Some of the old material has been revised and slightly changed.
The re-views of my papers will be presented in the form of pdf-files.
Below you find the headings of the articles that are planned to be presented:
- A dislocation model for the plastic deformation of single-phase alpha iron.
- The average rest time, t, of immobile dislocations.
- A theory for the temperature and strain rate dependences of the remobilisation constant W.
- A correlation between the mean free path of dislocation motion and the “grown-in” dislocation density.
- A dislocation model for the plastic deformation of fcc metals - an analysis of pure copper and austenitic steel.
- A dislocation model for the plastic deformation of DP steel.
- An analysis of the Hollomon n-value in single phase metals.
- An analysis of the strain to necking in single-phase metals.
- An analysis of the strain to necking in DP steels.
- The forming limit diagram in single-phase metals.
- The forming limit diagram in DP steel.
- The plastic deformation process in martensitic steels.
- The plastic deformation of multi-phase Al-based alloys.
- Static strain ageing in alpha iron.
- Dynamic strain ageing in alpha iron.
- Dynamic strain ageing in fcc metals.
Under the heading “selected papers” on the front page of this homepage you will find the papers already presented, and eventually, I will try to present them all. It is also possible that other articles in the same area will be published on this homepage.
If you find interest in or have comments to some of this papers do not hesitate to contact me via the contact button on the front page.
© copyright 2010 Yngve Bergström